UFO Sightings





Can UFO sightings be explained, the majority of unexplained flying objects that are seen in the sky can range from seeing freak atmospheric conditions that play a trick on your eyes and make you think you have seen a UFO, to strange secret military aircraft. Even a commercial aircraft with the sun reflecting off the fuselage or wings can look strange.

Have you ever seen a UFO?

Yes
No

At night your eyes can make these UFO sightings even more pronounced. Shooting stars, satellites in orbit, aircraft lights, can all look very different than you may think they should. While on holiday in France I watched a shooting star travel across the sky in a straight line. It did make me stop and wonder what I had seen.

UFO sightings have been classified into various different categories. The seven classes of “close encounters” are explained here.

Probably 95% of sightings do have an explanation, it's the other 5% of sightings that may well be extraterrestrials visiting us or even human visitors from the future, traveling in time using advanced technology in their very own time machines. Okay maybe a bit far fetched but let’s keep an open mind, at least for now.

The Mantell Incident in 1948 is one of the most publicized UFO reports on record. Mantell died when his F-51 Mustang crashed after pursuing a reported UFO.

In another incident involving a F-51 Mustang Lieutenant George F. Gorman's encounter with a UFO ended with a "dogfight" over Fargo, North Dakota.

Its UFO encounters like Rendlesham Forest (UK) in 1980 and the Shag Harbour Incident (Canada) in 1967 that keeps our interest alive. Every few years or so there is a UFO sighting that captures our imagination and fuels our quest to learn more about unexplained sightings.

What about our oceans, are they a place for UFOs to hide? Any underwater sightings in our oceans or seas are known as OSOs or Unidentified Submerged Objects.

Rumoured stories like the crashed UFO near Coyame, in the state of Chihuahua, Mexico also make us yearn for more information.

Many US presidents have taken an interest in UFO's and have made classified documents available to the general public. Before he became President, Jimmy Carter spotted a UFO while waiting outside the Lion’s Club in Leary, Georgia in 1969, he and ten witnesses saw a red and green orb in the sky.

Carter described his UFO sighting "it seemed to move towards us from a distance, stop, move partially away, return, then depart. Bluish at first; then reddish - luminous - not solid." "At times it was as bright as the moon, and about as big as the moon - maybe a bit smaller."

With his subsequent interest in UFO's President Jimmy Carter released previously classified documentation to the public.

Many of the documents that have been made public over the years cannot explain the strange goings on. If the governments of the world do know anything about visitors from outer space they are keeping it from the people at the top, or are they…

In 1947 the US government authorised the investigation into the UFO phenomena with the launch of Project Sign headed by the USAF. Project Sign was the first of three official investigations or “projects”. Project Grudge was the second and least productive. The third and most widely know Project Blue Book ended the series in 1969. Or has it…

Read the United States Air Force's official statement regarding their findings on the UFO phenomenon, as noted in (USAF Fact Sheet 95-03)

Now we have started to venture into space sightings of UFOs have been filmed there as well. Since the first cosmonauts looked out of their tiny portholes on their space craft unidentified objects have been seen. On the Russian space station Mir video footage has been taken of UFOs. NASA has also taken video footage of strange sightings in space.

In this 31 minute documentary we look at the filmed evidence from both the Russian and America space agencies. With audio commentary sit back view the evidence yourself, and then make you own decision as to the possibility of visitors from other worlds.



A Collection UFO Video Clips
UFO Sightings - Photo's
Area 51 News Opt-In E-zine

Enter your E-mail Address
Enter your First Name
Then

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Area 51 News.